Led by author of “Essential Scrum” and CST Ken Rubin, this on-site CSPO training is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of the role of the Product Owner. This course fulfills the requirements to become a Certified Scrum Product Owner. Because this is corporate training, the course can be customized to your company's specific needs.
About the CSPO Course
This is a two-day corporate certified Scrum Product Owner course that discusses the role and responsibilities of the Product Owner. It is an ideal course for ensuring that the people who are responsible for this critical role understand their involvement and the level of commitment necessary to achieve a successful outcome.
What You Will Learn in CSPO Training
The certified Scrum Product Ower course covers the following topics:
- Core agile principles.
- Complete description of the Scrum framework.
- Comprehensive overview of the product owner role and how best to fill the role.
- Practical, project-proven practices.
- How to write a usable product backlog.
- Proven techniques for prioritizing the product backlog.
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date) using velocity.
- How to successfully scale the product role on large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds.
- Tips and tricks for using Scrum in a wide variety of environments.
Who Should Attend the CSPO Class
This course is designed for the team of people that frequently fill the role of product owner within an organization. Such people often include product marketing, business analysts, sponsors end-customers and anyone involved in defining the “right” system to be built. Participants will be able to return from certified Scrum Product Owner training with a clear understanding of what they need to do to fulfill a vital role on an agile development effort.